At OnPoint, we believe IDPA is all about:
- Challenging your practical shooting ability
- Improving your handgun skills
- Making genuine and lasting relationships
- Amazing experiences competing with, not against people
IDPA is the use of practical equipment including full charge service ammunition to solve simulated real world self-defense scenarios using practical handguns and holsters that are suitable for self-defense use. The main goal is to test the skill and ability of an individual. - IDPA.com
What is IDPA at OnPoint?
It's Open To Anyone
- All skill and experience levels are welcome!
- Come to compete, learn, or both!
- Firearm Safety is emphasised and enforced by Match Officials and competitiors alike.
- Matches are fully staffed with Safety Officers
- Certain clothing requirements - see FAQs below for details.
- B.Y.O.G. (Bring Your Own Gun) or rent from us
- Minimum of 3 magazines
- Need an OWB (outside the waistband) holster
- Concealment Garment
- Hearing and eye protection, bring your own or rent from us
Additional Helpful Info
For all the details on IDPA.
Be sure to read up on the rules in the IPDA Rule Book.
Don't forget to register for PRACTISCORE!
Frequently Asked Questions
Remember - when shooting at OnPoint Raleigh, ammunition must be brass cased and no steel core or bi-metal jacket projectiles.
In the event you need to cancel or reschedule your event or class, please contact us at email@example.com.
Rescheduling an event or class:
There is no rescheduling fee if done more than 48 hours before the event or class begins.
Requests to reschedule made within 48 hours of the start of the event or class will experience a rescheduling fee of $25.
Cancelling an event or class:
There is no cancellation fee if done more than 48 hours before the event or class begins.
Cancellations made within 48 hours of the start of the event or class will be refunded 50% of the fee for the event or class.
Event or Class No Shows:
Participants who fail to notify OnPoint of their intentions to not attend events or classes will receive no refund on the event or class.