Every Day Carry Classes (EDC)
Onpoint now offers two great options for NC CCH permit holders to learn practical methods to routinely carry and if necessary, shoot from concealment.
Introduction to EDC
If you have your CCH permit but are not yet confident in your ability to draw or shoot effectively from the holster, we recommend you take Introduction to Every Day Carry. This one-day class combines skills learned in our Level 2 handgun course with our EDC class to teach you:
- How to draw safely and efficiently from an open holster
- Improve your marksmanship fundamentals
- Conduct re-reloads under stress
- Considerations for carrying your handgun concealed
- Different carry methods
- Shoot effectively from concealment
You will start in the classroom then move to the range for live fire training. Drills on the range will test your ability to shoot quickly and accurately from the open and concealment. By the time you are done with Intro to EDC, you will have the ability to draw and shoot effectively from the holster, open or concealed. You will then be ready for greater challenges in EDC.
Every Day Carry
EDC is for more experienced shooters who have taken Onpoint's CCH course, completed through Handgun Level 2, or can demonstrate they have the fundamental skills to draw and shoot effectively from the holster by passing the Triple Nickel drill.
This class builds on the fundamentals developed in our CCH class, with a focus on how to routinely carry and, if necessary, employ your concealed handgun in common defensive scenarios. Like Intro to EDC, you will learn:
- Best practices to wear and deploy your handgun from concealment
- Shooting from different concealed carry methods
- Introduction to inside the waistband appendix carry (AIWB)
Additionally, we will cover:
- Low light shooting
- Shooting from retention
Drills on the range will test your ability to shoot quickly and accurately from concealment. You will then be involved in Force-on-Force scenarios of increased complexity and stress from our initial CCH course. By the time you have completed Every Day Carry, you should understand your capabilities and limitations with your concealed handgun, feel more confident to safely carry on a daily basis, and in your ability to deal with self-defense scenarios.
Intro to EDC: Possess a valid CCH permit or valid CCH training certificate (any school or trainer) or have passed Onpoint's Handgun Level 1 classes. Regardless of prior CCH training, persons who desire to take Intro to EDC should have already mastered the basic marksmanship and gun handling fundamentals necessary to safely and efficiently use their handgun before taking this class. If a shooter is not confident in their mastery of the fundamentals, we recommend first taking Onpoint's Handgun Level 1 classes.
EDC: Successful completion of an OnPoint CCH course, or Levels 1 and 2 modules. Anyone taking EDC must be able to demonstrate their ability to present their handgun safely and reasonably efficiently from the holster before taking this class. Persons who have a CCH permit from an outside institution who wish to enroll in EDC must first pass the OnPoint holster draw certification and Triple Nickle pre-requisites, or must complete through Level 2, or otherwise be waived per Onpoint's validation SOP.
Any questions should be forwarded to the Onpoint Director of Training at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EVERY DAY CARRY COURSES - UPCOMING CLASSES
When you click on an upcoming class, available classes will have a link on the right-hand side to register.
- A sturdy belt (minimum 1.5" in width, heavy leather or nylon is recommended) to be worn on pants with belt loops.
- A full or compact size, double-stack handgun, such as a Glock 19, Sig 320, or S&W M&P is preferred. Smaller sub-compact handguns such as the S&W Shield, Glock 43 or Sig 365 are acceptable, but may require more frequent reloading and are more difficult to manipulate than a larger handgun. A revolver is acceptable, but not optimal for the reasons outlined above. Micro compacts such as the S&W Bodyguard or Ruger LCP are NOT acceptable for this class.
- A quality outside the waist band (OWB) kydex or leather holster, or a quality inside the waistband holster (IWB) for your handgun. This will need to be worn on the dominant-hand side of the body, or an appendix IWB holster. Nylon "floppy" holsters, clip holsters, and Serpa-type holsters with a side-mounted release button are not acceptable. You may use a concealed carry purse, or concealment garments (such as shirts or jackets).
- Minimum of two magazines for your pistol.
- A magazine pouch which will fit your handgun magazine(s), minimum of one.
- Factory loaded ammunition, minimum of 200 rounds. 9mm or greater caliber is preferred. Ammunition is available for purchase at OnPoint.
- Eye glasses / Protective eye ware (prescription glasses are acceptable)
- Ear protection
- Closed-toed, supportive shoes
- Closed-collar shirt or scarf (to prevent hot brass from going down your shirt)
- Note taking material and pen
- Snacks / lunch
- Water bottle / drinks
In the event you need to cancel or reschedule your event or class, please contact us at email@example.com.
Rescheduling an event or class:
There is no rescheduling fee if done more than 48 hours before the event or class begins.
Requests to reschedule made within 48 hours of the start of the event or class will experience a rescheduling fee of $25.
Cancelling an event or class:
There is no cancellation fee if done more than 48 hours before the event or class begins.
Cancellations made within 48 hours of the start of the event or class will be refunded 50% of the fee for the event or class.
Event or Class No Shows:
Participants who fail to notify OnPoint of their intentions to not attend events or classes will receive no refund on the event or class.