Every Day Carry (EDC) - Registration
Do you have a CCH permit, but have never really learned how to carry or shoot from concealment? If so, this class is for you. Our Every Day Carry class builds on the fundamentals developed in our CCH class, with a focus on how to routinely carry and, if necessary, employ your concealed handgun in common defensive scenarios. Starting in the classroom, You will learn how to wear and deploy your handgun from concealment, then quickly move into our live fire range to be introduced to appendix carry, low light shooting, movement, and shooting from retention. You will then be involved in Force-on-Force scenarios of increased complexity and stress from our initial CCH course. By the time you have completed Every Day Carry, you should understand your capabilities and limitations with your concealed handgun, feel more confident to safely carry on a daily basis, and in your ability to deal with self-defense scenarios.
Pre-requisites: Successful completion of an OnPoint CCH course, or Levels 1 and 2 modules. Anyone taking this course must be confident in their ability to present their handgun safely and reasonably efficiently from the holster before taking this class. Persons who have a CCH permit from an outside institution who wish to enroll in Every Day Carry must first pass the OnPoint holster draw certification and Triple Nickle pre-requisites, or must complete through Level 2, or otherwise be waived per the validation SOP. Any questions should be forwarded to the Director of Training.
EVERY DAY CARRY COURSE - UPCOMING CLASSES
When you click on an upcoming class, available classes will have a link on the right-hand side to register.
- A sturdy belt (minimum 1.5" in width, heavy leather or nylon is recommended) to be worn on pants with belt loops.
- A full or compact size, double-stack handgun, such as a Glock 19, Sig 320, or S&W M&P is preferred. Smaller sub-compact handguns such as the S&W Shield, Glock 43 or Sig 365 are acceptable, but may require more frequent reloading and are more difficult to manipulate than a larger handgun. A revolver is acceptable, but not optimal for the reasons outlined above. Micro compacts such as the S&W Bodyguard or Ruger LCP are NOT acceptable for this class.
- A quality outside the waist band (OWB) kydex or leather holster, or a quality inside the waistband holster (IWB) for your handgun. This will need to be worn on the dominant-hand side of the body, or an appendix IWB holster. Nylon "floppy" holsters, clip holsters, and Serpa-type holsters with a side-mounted release button are not acceptable. You may use a concealed carry purse, or concealment garments (such as shirts or jackets).
- Minimum of two magazines for your pistol.
- A magazine pouch which will fit your handgun magazine(s), minimum of one.
- Factory loaded ammunition, minimum of 200 rounds. 9mm or greater caliber is preferred. Ammunition is available for purchase at OnPoint.
- Eye glasses / Protective eye ware (prescription glasses are acceptable)
- Ear protection
- Closed-toed, supportive shoes
- Closed-collar shirt or scarf (to prevent hot brass from going down your shirt)
- Note taking material and pen
- Snacks / lunch
- Water bottle / drinks
In the event you need to cancel or reschedule your event or class, please contact us at email@example.com.
Rescheduling an event or class:
There is no rescheduling fee if done more than 48 hours before the event or class begins.
Requests to reschedule made within 48 hours of the start of the event or class will experience a rescheduling fee of $25.
Cancelling an event or class:
There is no cancellation fee if done more than 48 hours before the event or class begins.
Cancellations made within 48 hours of the start of the event or class will be refunded 50% of the fee for the event or class.
Event or Class No Shows:
Participants who fail to notify OnPoint of their intentions to not attend events or classes will receive no refund on the event or class.